Dear Swinguru Users,
Spring is here… And so is our latest release and update of Swinguru!
Check it out, lots of great stuff! Features include:
- Additional High Speed Camera Settings Options
- New Quick Settings Feature
- Changing Student Email Address
- Boditrak Z-Force Integration
It is always recommended that you install the latest update to obtain an even smoother user experience. Should you encounter any issues, please do not hesitate to contact our expert support team.
If you haven’t upgraded to Swinguru Hitting yet, it can be found online at our Download Center by clicking on the button below:
Please skip this message if you have already installed the latest update.
HIGH SPEED CAMERA OPTIMIZATION & ADDITIONAL SETTINGS OPTIONS
First there has been important optimization to the High Speed Camera Manager. Next to this we added some new parameters which you can access from the settings to allow an even more flexible usage of your IDS High Speed Camera. With this new version, you are now able to define sets with different parameters for image acquisition. Each set includes the following settings:
- Color Mode
- Resolution Format
- Frame Rate
- Exposure Time: In photography, shutter speed or exposure time is the length of time when the film or digital sensor inside the camera is exposed to light, also when a camera’s shutter is open when taking a photograph. The amount of light that reaches the film or image sensor is proportional to the exposure time.
- Gain: Brighter images thanks to gain ! Your picture is too dark, but you cannot increase exposure time because your object is moving? The adjustable gain feature may help.
NEW QUICK SETTINGS FEATURE
If (external) lighting conditions does not allow for proper use of the 3D features you may still want to use your Swinguru software to train in 2D mode only but in an automated way. Nevertheless you do have the trouble to set 3-4 steps for changing some of the settings? Try to use Quick Settings, it can help you to quickly turn on/off the following Swinguru common settings directly from the main control panel :
- 2D / 3D
- High Speed Camera
ABILITY TO MODIFY STUDENT EMAIL ADDRESS
You can now modify the email address associated with your user (Student only) account at any time. Remember that each email address can only be associated to one Swinguru account at a time.
If you want to replace your current email address with another one :
- In the Swinguru application simply edit your Student profile by clicking on the Edit button
- Replace the current email address with the new one
- Click Submit
Note: Once you replace to a new email address and click Submit it will create a new account on the Academy/Cloud. You will be sent an email requesting you to choose a password to connect to the Swinguru Academy/cloud and provide instructions on how to get started.
BALANCE & BODITRAK Z-FORCE INTEGRATION
Balance is the ‘next pillar of instruction’ !
Complementary to the Center of Mass (COM) information provided by the Swinguru software there is Center of Pressure (COP) and vertical forces.
The BodiTrak System and its vertical force data is now integrated and available within your Swinguru software making it easier to understand the relationship and difference between COM and COP !
It allows a coach to provide cutting-edge technology to students, giving immediate performance results, enhancing skill retention.
The BodiTrak System is the first portable and affordable mat to record Center of Pressure (“COP”) information during the swing. It includes :
- Pressure Distribution Map (Left and Right feet / Heel and Toe)
- Center of Pressure Trace
- Vertical Force
• Total Sum of all Vertical Forces in “Body Weight Units”
• Individual Lead / Trail Side Vertical Forces
• Toggle between the Velocity Chart and Vertical Chart